There are several reasons why ecommerce is growing:
- Convenience: Ecommerce allows customers to shop from the comfort of their own homes, without having to physically go to a store. This convenience factor is a major driver of ecommerce growth.
- Global reach: Ecommerce allows businesses to reach customers all over the world, making it easier to expand into new markets and increase sales.
- Better customer experience: Ecommerce companies are able to use technology to personalize the shopping experience for customers, making it easier for them to find what they are looking for and make a purchase.
- Lower overhead costs: Ecommerce businesses generally have lower overhead costs than traditional brick-and-mortar stores, which means they can offer lower prices to customers.
- Mobile shopping: With the widespread use of smartphones and tablets, more and more people are shopping online using their mobile devices, which has contributed to the growth of ecommerce.
- COVID-19 pandemic: The pandemic has forced many people to stay at home and avoid crowded public spaces, which has led to an increase in ecommerce sales as more people turn to online shopping.