Table of Contents:
- What is Shopee?
- What are the benefits of selling on Shopee?
- How to Register as a Seller on Shopee?
- Shopee Dashboard Features
- Single Listing on Shopee
What is Shopee?
Shopee is Southeast Asia’s and Taiwan’s most popular e-commerce site.
In 2015, Shopee was launched in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam and the Philippines.
It is a platform designed for the region, launched in 2015, that offers clients a simple, secure, and quick online shopping experience through robust payment and fulfilment support.
We think that internet buying should be simple, entertaining, and accessible. This is the vision Shopee strives to achieve every day on the platform.
You don’t need to lower your profit margins to sell online. At least not with Shopee! Save high commission rates and shipping costs when selling with Shopee. With more than 200 million applications downloaded, Shopee is the number 1 shopping platform in Southeast Asia and was finally lunched in India in Sept 2021.
What are the benefits of selling on Shopee?
1. 0% Commission
Shopee charges no commission fee, collection or closing fee, or any hidden charges. This is only reason which is inspiring a lot of sellers for Selling on Shopee. The settlement value is the same amount you enter as selling price.
2. Free Shipping
Ship your orders free of cost to buyers across India at zero minimum spend. Sellers do not pay for shipping unlike Flipkart and Amazon.
3. Easy Registration
Set up shop in 10 minutes! All you need is a phone, a GSTIN, bank account details and an internet connection. The registration process on Shopee is a cake walk as it does not require you to upload any document. The only thing you require is GSTIN Number and Softcopy of your signature.
4. Timely payments
100% payments are credited as per defined timelines. No waiting for weeks for your own money.
How to Register on Shopee as a Supplier?
Registering on Shopee is quick and easy. Before we discuss the steps for registration, let us know the documents required to register yourself as a supplier on Shopee.
Documents for Seller Registration on Shopee
The documents required for seller registration on Shopee are:
- Working Mobile Number and Email
- Bank Account Details
- Seller Signature Soft Copy (To be uploaded)
- Pickup Address
Shopee Seller Registration Process
- Click here to open the seller registration process
- SignUp with Mobile Number. You will receive a verification code on SMS. Enter and proceed.
- Now setup your Password.
- Now you will be sent to Start Registration Page.
- Here enter your GSTIN number and click on Verify.
It will fetch all the details from government portal. Now you can see your PAN number, Business Name, Business Entity, Trade Name, Pincode and Registered Business Address.
- Now setup your Pickup Address. If you want to set your business address as the pickup address then mark ‘Yes’.
- To create new pickup address select “No”. Now add your pickup address and save.
- Now Set up your shop information. Enter shop name and email Id.
- Upload your signature.
- Answer how did you hear about Shopee. Click the checkbox at the bottom and click on Submit.
- Now you will receive an email conformation link on your Mail. Login to your email account and click on the confirmation link for Shoppe seller registration.
- Once you confirm the email you will be redirected to the Shopee Seller Centre.
- Here you need to set up your store details. See the dashboard features below.
- And finally add your bank details. Seller must notice that the bank account name should be same as your GST name i.e. the bank account should belong to your business.